In order to include those who may prefer an alternative method to share their story beyond the traditional oral history format, we are expanding the opportunity to participate by collecting an image (such as original artwork; a scan or photo of a letter or poem) or a brief typed submission (such as a poem or an essay) from Lesbian Elders. These materials will offer experiential insight into the history of Lesbian culture and activism, complementing LHA’s already rich collection. For a unifying theme we would like your submission to show a connection with LHA. This “connection” can be as broad-reaching as art inspired by an experience at LHA to a short story to a photograph of the Archive. For the purposes of this project, Elders includes those ages 60 and up. The materials will be made available either online or on-site only at the Archives.
Participation and Submission guidelines:
- Must be a self-identified lesbian aged 60 and up
- Must have a connection with LHA. This “connection” can be as broad-reaching as art inspired by an experience at LHA to a short story to a photograph of the Archives
- Digital submissions only through the Donation form (link below)
- Please only submit once
- Please do not include any photographs of people, as we do not want to breach anyones’ privacy
- Please do not include any information—including identifying details about yourself or your friends and family—that you do not want to share publicly
Please ONLY submit through our link. We cannot accept submissions that are emailed to us.
Accepted file formats:
- Text documents: PDF files are preferred, or MS Word (.doc, .docx), and text (.txt). Examples of submissions include poetry, reminiscences, short stories, journal entries, etc.
- Images: JPEG, TIFF (a picture taken by a smartphone should work). Examples of submissions includes artwork, screenshots, photographs (NO photographs of other people, for privacy purposes), etc.
- No video or audio
- Each individual submission should be no more than 5MB or 1 page
To submit an item please fill out the Donation Form link provided below: https://airtable.com/shr4x4PIN23dJHRFY